Tuesday, June 7, 2011

getting back on track

I was away for about a week and half at the end of May, we travelled to Europe and I walked and walked and walked some more!  During my vacation I enjoyed myself and didn't worry too much about what we ate and drank, we also didn't go overboard so there wasn't anything to worry about.

As I didn't sign up for booty camp again, nor did my friend and fellow former recruit Ali so we decided we would begin working out together but on our terms and schedule.  We went last week and went again yesterday starting out with walking.  Last night we went about 3.5 km in about 40 minutes.  We both know this is not great, but we will improve with every walk.  

I found an app call Runtastic that tracks calories, time, distance pace, speed etc.  It is free and pretty cool so we can track and see the stats as we progress.

I really have to kick it into gear and hope my body remembers what it is like to run as I had been off due to an medical issue last month and basically had to stop ALL activity.  This was hard for me as I have never had to stop due to an issue with my body, usually when I stopped it was because I feel off the wagon, never because I "couldn't" work out.  I was supposed to run my first race on May 8 but wasn't able to and am just getting back to working out what will be my first face on June 18th.  It is a walk/run and will probably walk more than I would have but I am looking forward to the experience.

I have to start training for the 1/2 marathon that will be here before I know it! OMG

To get my eating back on track I whipped up the mango black bean salad for lunch this week. I love how good I feel when I am eating less animal protein and more vegetarian meals...bring on the beans!


No comments:

Post a Comment